BotH₂nia: brand and platform
BotH₂nia network serves as an umbrella brand and collaboration platform for the hydrogen-related initiatives. It will be used for facilitating communication between projects and promoting the hydrogen-related technology and production of the area.
Extending around the Baltic Sea
Even though the core area of the network is the Gulf of Bothnia of the Baltic Sea, the initiative covers a broader area and several countries around the Baltic Sea.
The initiative has been launched by the open innovation ecosystem Green Electrification (GreenE2) led by CLIC Innovation in Finland.
Wide range of businesses
Key areas of the GreenE2 ecosystem include clean hydrogen production and logistics, cross-sectoral value chains, system-level efficiency and support for pioneering companies.
The ecosystem also includes the development of P2X and CCU technologies. P2X, or Power-to-X, is the conversion of electricity into another form of energy – hydrogen, for example – and back into electricity, if necessary. CCU, or Carbon Capture and Utilization, refers to the capture and recovery of carbon dioxide.
- Over 115 GW of new wind energy capacity planned in Finland
- Plenty of different types of biomass available
- 3 GW new nuclear power reactors in construction (or planned) to ensure the availability of electricity in future
- Hydrogen grid proposed to connect hydrogen producers and users as well as for H2 storage
- Stable power grid and a common market for electricity in the Nordic countries
- Over 15 international industrial harbours
Users and producers
- Several large industrial users – from the steel to the fertilizer industry – require hydrogen as an energy carrier and for their processes
- Multiple bio-product plants provide greenhouse gas (GHG)–neutral CO2 required for the production of synthetic fuels
- Several companies developing and manufacturing technology for hydrogen production and utilisation
- Research being carried out in several universities and research institutions in the region
- Very close public–private cooperation
- National hydrogen clusters in Finland and Sweden
- Active collaboration with the EU: European Clean Hydrogen Alliance (ECH2A) and Hydrogen Europe
BotH₂nia connects us:
Aurelia Turbines, Botnia H2Tec, BusinessOulu/City of Oulu, City of Kokkola, City of Raahe, Convion, Elcogen, Energiforsk, Etha Wind, Fingrid, Flexens, Fortum, Gasgrid Finland, Helen, Hycamite TCD Technologies, Ilmatar, Luleå Tekniska Universitet, LUT University, Oy Linde Gas Ab, Pirkanmaan liitto, Q Power, P2X Solutions, RISE, Solar Hydro Genesis, SSAB, St1, University of Oulu, VTT, W3 Energy, Wärtsilä
Our network is constantly growing. Please contact us to get your name on the list.
For more information or if you would like to get connected, please contact:
Matti Malkamäki, Member of the Steering Group, Finnish Hydrogen Cluster, tel. +358 50 543 5260, email@example.com
Minna Näsman, Project Manager of BotH2nia, tel. 040-130 82 32, firstname.lastname@example.org
To hear about our latest news, follow us on Twitter.