In the ProjectBooster, the teams work with cross-sectoral challenges and define research questions. The companies and academia work side-by-side on the challenges at hand. The most potential research development ideas will proceed to project initiation and preparation.
Bioeconomy theme ProjectBooster pitch event
The pitch event for researchers and research teams to pitch their ideas to companies will be held on 23 May 2022. Please register here!
Follow our website or social media and subscribe to our newsletter to keep up!
The themes for the pitches are the following:
- Totally new, bottom-up research openings implementing the jointly made CLIC’s Strategic Research and Innovation agenda for forest-based circular bioeconomy
- Advanced manufacturing concepts for functional fibre-based materials and product
- Industry is looking for research ideas for new manufacturing concepts that can produce (both) functionalities and/or form to the selected fibre-based material and product thereof. Especially combinations of different methods are interesting in achieving the desired functionalities. Furthermore, concept building on exploitation of inherent fibre properties such as fibrillar structure and strength, and presence of lignin and hemicellulose could be considered.
- End-product functionality driven fractionation of bio-mass empowered by analytics
- Industry is seeking new valuable fractions for bio-based chemicals with enhanced performance and functionality. Data and information obtained by modern analytics, both stand-alone and online process analytics, can speed up the identification of valuable fractions and developing the fractionation process. Design of circular processes will ensure efficient use of the raw material and support sustainability. New analytical tools for understanding and finding the full potential of biomass could be proposed.
- Use of recycled materials in food packaging
- There is a growing need for increased recycling rate and use of recycled materials in food packaging. In take-away food sector compostability of packaging materials can be an option to consider in addition to recycling. EU regulation, safety concerns and consumer behaviour shape the potential of new solutions.
PICHING CALL OPEN TO ALL THEMES:
Disruptive manufacturing technologies
- Sensors, analytics, data processing, AI, machine learning in the process industries
- Opportunities of 3D printing in the process industries
- Modular manufacturing in process industries
You can download the info event presentation and access the event recording from below.