Businesses in many sectors are facing the challenge of resource scarcity. Hence waste should be treated as a valuable resource.
New business from industrial side streams – CEP Circular Economy Service Platform (CEP) read more about the project CEP presentation
The significance of circular economy is increasing globally as natural resources are diminishing and waste amounts are growing. Businesses in many sectors are facing the challenge of resource scarcity. Hence waste should be treated as a
Circular economy is not just about the efficient use and recycling of materials; it involves wholly new economic model.
Industries already apply many circular economy principles. Next step is to reduce significantly wastes gone to landfills and maximize the value of recovered side streams.
Side streams have major economic potential. The challenge is that the streams are scattered and their overall management is missing. This means that potential customers are not reached, i.e. side streams value network is not working effectively.
However, efficient utilization of side streams and the commercialization of new value add applications represent a major opportunity to the industries ecosystems.
To build ‘One Stop Service for CE Clusters and new businesses’ which
- Acts as a market integrator in new innovations support mechanisms
- Brings together cost-efficiently existing and future solutions
Combines critical mass enabling investments for new business opportunities
- Prevents silos between different parties and enhances commercializing of innovations
- Enables continuous development and resource efficiency
- Maximizes added value of reuse and enhances objectives of circular economy
For more information contact: