Welcome to pitch your research ideas to our ProjectBooster RESEARCH pitch event for Bioeconomy and 4Recycling on 27.5.2021 at 9 – 12 Finnish time!
CLIC ProjectBooster process target is to create new challenge driven ideas to solve our systemic challenges. ProjectBooster utilizes online tools and face-to-face workshops to initiate thematic ideations for new projects. The process usually takes 2-3 months. The teams work with cross-sectoral challenges and define research questions. The companies and academia work side-by-side on the challenges at hand.
Companies have formulated the following Calls for Bioeconomy and 4Recycling ecosystem related topics and novel research ideas are appreciated for them for bioeconomy and 4Recycling:
- Totally new, bottom-up research openings implementing the jointly made CLIC’s Strategic Research and Innovation agenda for Forest-based circular bioeconomy Added value materials and chemicals from wood fibres
- Industry and academia have formulated at CLIC Innovation a joint Strategic Research and Innovation agenda (SRIA) for the Forest-Based Circular Bioeconomy. All the novel research ideas that support the implementation of CLIC’s SRIA and are related to the application areas chosen for the SRIA are welcome.
- Main criteria for evaluation is novelty. Linkage to the SRIA has to be identified.
- Industry is now looking for totally new openings meaning that research ideas that are already studied in projects or presented earlier are excluded from this Call.
- Novel ways to modify or extract natural raw materials without chemical modifications.
- Single Use Plastics (SUP) directive defines chemically modified fibre-based products as plastics.
- Industry is now looking for novel ways to modify or extract natural raw materials without chemical modifications. New tools or combinations of methods to enable utilization of natural raw materials without modifications which could lead to the plastics categorization are now searched for. Methods should take into account the end-of-life aspects including the degradation mechanisms avoiding microplastics formation.
- Novel ways for circular use of biomass, fibre-based products or processing side streams of existing production processes.
- Industry is looking for new solutions to valorize the processing side streams of existing production process on a technically and economically feasible way. The objective is to enhance cascading use and circularity of the fibre- based materials or used products especially to other value chains. Non-food competitive.
- Interoperability of bio-based materials with the existing manufacturing and application processes
- Interoperability of bio-based materials with the existing processing technologies is aimed at when targeting to added-value functionalities of fibres with technically and economically feasible manner.
- In many cases biobased materials and chemicals require different kind of approaches e.g. in dosing or mixing compared to current materials and chemicals. Now research ideas to tackle the challenge are searched for to increase the knowhow on possibilities to improve the processing of biobased materials and chemicals.
- Advanced manufacturing of fibre-based materials to a functional form
- Industry is looking for research ideas for advanced manufacturing of fibre-based materials to produce functionalities in addition to a form of a product. Especially innovative combinations of different methods are interesting in achieving the desired functionalities.
Register your research pitch and get more instructions here. Registration is open until the 21st of May.
ProjectBooster is open to all CLIC owner organizations and partners paying the annual partnership fee and companies operating in the 4Recycling or/and GreenE2 ecosystems.
For more information you can contact email@example.com. We encourage you to also be in contact with your organisation’s research manager to express your interest to propose a research idea.